Titanium-steel clad plate is produced by explosive compounding or explosion-rolling compounding, which has both excellent properties and low cost. In explosive composite production, the common quality problems of composite panels are mainly failure to fit after an explosion, insufficient bonding rate, insufficient bonding strength, and local surface defects of a titanium layer and steel layer such as pits, cracks, etc. The main reasons are
The problem of non-fitting of explosions is mainly due to improper selection of explosion process parameters, inappropriate selection of explosives, and appropriate gaps, which will result in a large number of explosions that do not fit or the gas in the gaps is not completely discharged, resulting in local hollowing; especially in After annealing and heat treatment, due to the thermal expansion of the gas, the cladding bulge will form a local bulge.
The problem of low bonding strength is mainly caused by inappropriate explosive welding parameters, such as a small number of explosives, a small gap, or a large area of melting.
The problem of large-area melting is mainly caused by the fact that the gas that is too late to escape is trapped on the bonding interface and is subsequently compressed adiabatically under high pressure. After prying open the cladding and the substrate, it can be found, that is, the phenomenon of false bonding.
In response to these problems, the preventive measures that need to be taken during manufacture are mainly as follows:
1. Adhere to the incoming material re-inspection system, and the bonding condition of the composite board should be non-destructively tested one by one. The focus is on areas such as sheet edges, detonation points, etc. 100%UT+100%PT detection can be performed.
2. The mechanical properties of the composite plates are re-examined one by one to verify the shear properties after annealing to prevent defects in subsequent production. At the same time, a face-to-back bending test was carried out to verify the bonding performance.
3. When bending operation is required for composite plates such as reels and stamping heads, the edges of the titanium composite plates should be peeled off cleanly. When the temperature is low, it should be heated to a certain temperature before bending to prevent edge cracking.
4. During beveling and pipe drilling operations, the blanking and drilling operations should be processed from the titanium layer to the steel layer as much as possible to prevent the composite board from being torn or cracked.
5. For micro-cracks on the surface of the composite board, the defects must be removed before repair welding. Direct repair welding can be used for small cracks.
6. For the non-fitting found in the inspection process, if the area is large, the material must be replaced. If the area is small, a remedy can be used, and the non-bonded area is reinforced with titanium screws. Process first before proceeding with subsequent operations