Things to note when bending stainless steel plates
1. The thicker the stainless steel plate, the greater the required bending strength. As the plate thickness increases, the bending strength must be adjusted accordingly when adjusting the bending machine.
2. In unit size, the greater the tensile strength of the stainless steel plate, the smaller the elongation, and the required bending strength and bending angle must also be greater.
3. The thickness of the stainless steel plate in the design drawing corresponds to the bending radius. Experience shows that the developed size of the bent product is the right-angled side minus the sum of the thicknesses of the two plates, which meets the design accuracy requirements.
4. The higher the yield strength of stainless steel, the stronger the elastic recovery. In order to achieve a 90° angle in the curved section, the required tableting angle must be reduced.
5. Compared with carbon steel, stainless steel with the same thickness has larger bending angles and requires special attention, otherwise bending cracking will occur and affect the strength of the workpiece.